Sunday, September 14, 2008

Do I need an iPhone?

My mobile phone contract with Orange is coming to an end. I've been living a battered old Samsung U600 for many a month now.
I recently installed a java programme allowing quick access to my Gmail email over the phone. It's become quite addictive and I do find myself checking for emails whenever I have a moment to spare.
My boss has had an Apple iPhone since launch, and several colleagues have the new 3G version, but do I need one.
Yes I would appreciate the easy access to email, Internet and BBC iPlayer, but do I want to be spending a fortune on a monthly contract with O2? I pay around £20 - £25 a month with Orange.
I do take the occasional photo on my Samsung, but would I be disappointed with the camera on the iPhone, I've heard it's not too good.
I already have an iPod Nano, that's mainly used in the car for listening to podcasts - Would I be able to use the Nano and the iPhone on the same iTunes account?
Size is another thing too, is the iPhone too big for my pocket? The Samsung is quite small in comparison.
If I get one, am I being sucked into the iPhone cult? Do I really need it? Am I jealous? Am I envious? Is it too expensive?

- What should I do? I'd welcome your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve! Like yourself, my name Steve Saul (but I live in the United States) and I was Googling my name when I stumbled your blog. I have also weighed the benifits of getting an iPhone and, for what it's worth, have decided to use my Samsung Propel. If it's good enough for Ozzie, it's good enough for me!

Then again, iPhones are pretty damn cool. Nice meeting you!