Sunday, July 08, 2007

Red lights

I'd stumbled through my first live bulletin, and after that I never looked back. The news editor and station management at Red Rose were happy with my impromptu appearance, and from then on I was allowed to voice up reports for the bulletins and go on-air when needed.
At the same time I'd still been presenting a show at Chorley Hospital Radio and had been busy with exams at college and eventually something had to give. Reluctantly I resigned from CHR to concentrate on getting a career.
I'd been working unpaid for Red Rose for a while when the Sports Editor asked if I would be interested in working on the sports show. Back then the 999Am service used to carry full football commentary of PNE, Rovers, Blackpool, Burnley and Wigan games. I jumped at the chance of paid work preparing scripts and audio for the show.
It was during this time Red Rose needed to broadcast local Saturday afternoon news bulletins, as I was already in the office I was asked if I'd like to present them. Of course I did!

- Next, off to University and the big job offer.

No comments: